One of the biggest questions a natural health practitioner will find themselves confronting when seeking to improve clinical success is what approach to take to get insights beyond case history and personal observation.
Energetic testing and laboratory testing are in many ways opposite approaches to achieve the same final goal – gaining insight to improve patient outcomes. It takes some detailed consideration and a recognition of differing views of how people go from healthy to sick and back again in order to become truly comfortable with the paradox presented here.
Ironically given the underlying philosophy, the 2 types of testing often give mutually confirming results. Many practices will find that both have a part to play while others will feel more comfortable with one or the other. Our experience across the board is that good health work is done using both approaches and that no perfected system of care could be built without drawing upon both.
The Qest4 training allows you to gain a detailed insight into the nature of the energy medicine approach, so this post serves only to explain why a dyed-in-the-wool functional tester may want to look at the advantages of adopting energetic testing as part of their clinical approach.
Energetic testing is a ‘challenge and response’ test mechanism, meaning that it is getting a set of reactions to informational signals presented to the body-mind system (we can never split them out totally) and making our clinical judgements supported by those responses. There is no tissue sample taken, no measurement of a given reactant in vitro and no cultures grown. It is simply ‘what is your body telling you’, often at a fairly high level of detail.
Here are some observations about laboratory testing:
- laboratory testing reminds people of what happens in acute medicine. It is highly relevant in acute medicine where choosing between different and potentially hazardous treatments is necessary.
- in natural healthcare there is often no difference to the treatment depending on the laboratory test result
- it is easy to spend £000s on laboratory tests and still gain no useful pathways for action by the client
- laboratory testing is limited to measuring the quantity of specific biochemical reactants in specific tissues at a specific time. This constitutes a very small window on the functioning of a human being
- sometimes well-targeted and timely laboratory testing is a life saver
The following specific features of energetic testing in comparison to laboratory testing are helpful:
- energetic testing is a completely individual response and does not involve comparing to population averages
- energetic testing is qualitative rather than quantitative (think: “is this important?” rather than “how much is there?”)
- reactions to thousands of items can be scanned in minutes using an advanced Qest4 energetic testing system
- results are obtained instantly in energetic testing
- the reaction of the patient to a medicine or product or even a non-physical item can be checked using energetic testing
- there is no additional cost to running more energetic tests, except a few moments of time
- energetic testing is a live dialogue that brings engagement to the consultation and delivers new avenues of enquiry
- energetic testing can be biased, consciously or unconsciously, during the test – with lab testing the only bias is in choosing the test
- there is no chance of confusing samples when doing energetic testing
- energetic testing results are not repeatable, as the body-mind system adjusts its trajectory based on having brought specific information to awareness and processed it, even while physico-chemical parameters may not have changed much
- energetic testing may anticipate physical pathologies that have not yet appeared, but this has not been proven